Called to Love

I have been treated badly in recent times by persons who really should be the 'keepers of my soul' and people who claim that they 'love' me.

On more than one occasion I was tempted to reciprocate the treatment.
It takes great strength to love and restrain oneself, especially when you know you are not deserving of the ill treatment. The bible reminds us that we ought to,"...Love our enemies, bless them that curse us, do good to them that hate us, and pray for them which despitefully use us and persecute us;" -St. Matt. 5:44

God expects that even when others are 'deserving' of our bad treatment and have fully earned the right to be 'hated', that we will love them and love them without discrimination.
Think about it, it is so difficult to even forgive and love those we call friends whenever they hurt us, more so an enemy.

Anyone who believes it is easy to bless those who curse us should think about it carefully.
Quite often when we have been offended, the natural man tends to react first and usually in a retaliating mode.

It is my prayer that God's people will receive love so divine and in abundance that they can truly love their enemies and bless their cursers. How much do you need? I need much and I know there is a greater need out there.

This seemingly simple instruction is even difficult for some families, associates and friendships to obey. Some relationships are under severe strain and stress.

The more we meditate on this clear cut instruction, the more it becomes a part of our spirit and the flesh man has no choice but to submit. 

I have been called to love regardless of and inspite of.

You too have been called to love.

Are you feeling hurt?

It is time to let the healing begin by yielding to the word of God.

Comments

  1. This is so very hard to do but you know what I think if anyone can do that that person can be called a true christian. Yep - that's great stride I tell you. Working on it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Prayed For You

Prayer of Purpose