Love does not keep record...

If true love keeps no record of wrongs as outlined in 1 Cor. 13 v 5, then we are far from having true love. I know I have fallen short at times. The real question therefore is, 'What do we have then?'

If we do not keep score, how will we know the areas which require improvement?
How will we protect ourselves from those who desire to willfully harm us?

"Love does not keep records of wrong" - 1 Cor. 13 v5

It seems we were never created to hold on to the bad and unpleasant experiences we face in life.
Our life seems to be at its best when we learn to quickly let go, while not missing each lesson. When we learn to move on and start a fresh we experience so much more joys. Forgiveness must form a part of the daily spiritual diet.

If I keep records of the wrong done to me and build a wall of defense against everything then by the time I am 50 or 45, I would have imprisoned myself against experiences I do not want to encounter ever again.

It all sounds so crazy, but what if I don't keep score, will I be considered foolish as I just stupidly stand by and allow others to trample upon me?

What does God wants?
God desires a fresh, new love everyday from all of us.

Love that is unsoiled and which says, “Render not evil for evil but overcome evil with good.”
Love which does not become bitter and cold because of hurt, disappointments and heart ache.

Instead of writing books, stories, movies and songs about how badly we have been hurt. God expects us to live and love as though we have never been hurt. Sing as though no one has ever criticised us, serve even if we never get a hand shake. It is truly a call to divine service. This is beyond human ability, wisdom and reasoning. Something which can only be achieved by God's spirit.

It is human to keep score, but godly to love and live pure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Prayed For You

Called to Love

31 Days of Prayers for Children: Day 11